Help us deliver an amazing experience at all our events, including home tours, talks and walks, parties, and special events throughout the week.
With so many events throughout the week, there are many ways to get involved!
Our volunteers have as much fun as we do! They attend the event for free AND represent the Denver modernism community by helping attendees with finding their way by providing information and expertise, planning events that they’d too love to attend, and welcoming guests at events, parties, tours, and celebrations.
Here are a few types of volunteer roles we have an open call for:
- Home Tour Docents. Our docents help homeowners keep an eye on designated rooms during tours, they remind attendees about any rules our homeowners have requested, such as no photography, or off-limits spaces. They help provide any information about the home or decor that the homeowners have shared and help give directions on entrance / exit options or additional information unique to the home. Docents love to interact with attendees and help them have a safe, fun experience. Homeowners are grateful for the “extra eye” or an extra hand on deck to help if they need to step away.
- Event Chaperones. Event chaperones attend tours with attendees. They help out the speaker with any needs that arise, and the attendees with any logistical questions they have about tour start and end time(s) and locations, etc.
- Event Planners / Coordinators. Our past attendees have the best ideas for new events! We work with a small and mighty team to identify new event ideas, and then take them from idea to execution. Filling in all the logistical needs, coordinating with speakers or venues, and booking the details. Writing the event descriptions.
- Ticketing and Check-in. Ticketing, Scanning pre-purchased tickets, Check In, Handing Out Programs, Giving Tips, Guidance, and Reminders, Handing out booties or other tour needs, Parking Guides,
- Setup and Teardown Sign placement, delivering materials, setting up A/V needs, stage or tent support, and more.
- Guest Appearances and Support. We look for help with coordinating and chaperoning many types of special requests throughout the year. Sometimes we’re asked to compliment an event by getting dressed up in our mid century finest, or scheduling a meet and greet with our latest Miss Modernism Pageant winner, among other fun ways to get involved!
- Marketing and Photography. We’re looking for social ambassadors to help us document and share the fun on our social media pages. Got an eye for photographing homes, people, and events? Have a great method, process, and love of posting for engagement? We look for a team of hashtag hounds who are ready and willing to document and share the delight of the week with our digital fans.